Choosing the right developing tool may not always be a piece of cake. Especially if they fall in the same category and are equally popular like Node.js and Django frameworks.
Node.js and Django are the most popular open-source frameworks used for building web applications.
In this blog, we will take you through the definition of the frameworks, key advantages and disadvantages of these frameworks.
In the end, we will compare both these frameworks on the major parameters like programming, flexibility, architecture, security, performance, and more. So let’s dive in!
Django is a high-level, open-source Python web development framework. It is a free framework whose design is based on the traditional model-view-controller (MVC) architecture.
Django functions on the model-template view architecture pattern, with which developers can build a robust backend to your web app in a very short span of time.
Recognized brand using this framework
- National Geographic
Benefits of Django framework
- Django is not only easy to implement but also an easy learning framework. Anyone who knows the basic python language can learn this framework.
- The framework is designed to implement high-level processes.
- The built-in templates framework enables quick development.
- It is highly reliable in terms of security.
Drawbacks of Django
- Django framework is an extensive framework that requires a lot of code. This makes it less suitable for websites with low bandwidth.
- The framework only works with single-layered applications.
- Django works fine with big projects but when it comes to developing smaller projects with only a few features, its performance can deteriorate.
- It cannot handle multiple requests for individual processes at once.
The framework enables developers to write commonly on both server-side and client-side. It works well for building scalable network applications through an event-driven, I/O model. This model makes Nodejs a quick and light resource for web app development.
Recognized brand using this framework
Benefits of using Node.js
- Application developed with Nodejs is easy to scale in both vertical and horizontal directions.
- It is a single programming language that can be used for both front-end and back-end web development.
- Node.js is a huge global community, where millions of developers contribute to solving peculiar development errors.
- It is simple to use the framework with minimal highlight complications.
- When you hire experienced Node js Developers, they can create any kind of apps and software.
Drawbacks of Nodejs
- API- Application Programming interface changes frequently which enables heavy code change.
- It can be expensive and need high skills and effort in creating high-end applications.
- Can have security defects.
- Several developers find the non-coordinated programming of Nodejs hard. Performance gets reduced when it comes to handling heavy CPU-based tasks.It does not work very well with serious application and may consist of an inferable single-thread framework.
Decoding the major difference between Django and Node.js
Although Django and Nodejs have many differences, both frameworks are popular developing technologies with versatile use.
We have curated a simplified list of parameters for you to compare Nodejs and Django as per your requirement.
If we have to define one big difference between these two frameworks then this would be the following:
A high-level Python framework enables developers to make rapid development and build web applications at high speed.
With the Node.js framework, developers can choose to execute code in a private server instead of a web browser. This is not the case with Django.
Here is a brief comparison of Nodejs and Django framework on different parameters:
Django works on the MTV model.
Nodejs works on an event-driven model.
The built-in system of the Django framework makes it more secure compared to NodeJs.
Unlike Django, the Nodejs framework requires manual operation in a system which makes it less reliable in terms of security
Again, the built-in template property of Django enables faster execution, which means good performance.
Unlike Django, in Nodejs there is no limitation of using built-in templates. Developers can enhance the performance of the website as per their preference. This can affect the development time though. So if you want a quick implementation framework you can skip this one.
With the Django framework, developers are limited to work on a fixed pathway.
Nodejs is not as complicated as Django. Here developers have a free hand in solving any problem.
Django is quick to implement framework; this makes it quick to use as well as cost-efficient.
Nodejs might be more expensive than Django but it is popular for steady growth.
Django has a comparatively small community of developers.
NodeJS consists of a huge community of developers, which is widespread across the world. The community offers regular updates and bug acids.
Django is not suitable for full-stack development.
Django features built-in templates, which brings limitations to customization features.
Which Language to Choose?
There are no specific parameters when it comes to choosing a technology for your mobile and web development needs. Every website or mobile app has a specific requirement that aligns with business needs and the end-users. Also, the preference of developers also needs to be considered.
The above-mentioned information and details will help you understand the key benefits and drawbacks of each framework. So you can choose best based on your application requirements.
The more clear you are with the website requirement, the better clarity you will have in selecting a framework. Developers can then develop better applications with distinguished features considering primary and secure functionalities.
The method and tools used by development can for sure define the success of web applications. Node.js and Django are highly advanced frameworks popular with unique benefits and features.
You should choose on the basis of the above-mentioned information as well as your web-app requirement.
For instance, if you or your client needs a modern web application with definitive features in a quick time, then Django would be more suitable. If your requirement is for a highly customized website it is better to prefer Node.js.